Welcome to my Blog! I am searching for the piece of puzzle which completes me and I do believe that everyone should be able to get theirs
RSS

Friday, October 28, 2011

Fear or Fearless



Have you ever encounter the fear of answering questions from your teacher in the pre-school?

We all born with the sense of awareness to any negative threat around us. The most common that we do is, when someone putting something near to your vision, your brain send out message to your nerves in order for your eyes to close. Some people are just being the risk taker, they can tolerate with higher level of fear and we called them "The Daring"; and vise versa "The Scaredy Cat".

An interesting fact I figure out from myself and people around me : We all fear of different matters in different stage of life.

The babies:
They could be afraid of darkness, horror, staying with stranger who they do not really know etc.; and the most common way they use to express fear is CRY!

They do not afraid of disease, because they do not even know what is it. They do not afraid of natural disaster because they lack of knowledge in it, they do not afraid of war, because they feel comfort as long as they get feed and the war does not harm them directly.

The kids:
The baby has finally turn up to be a school kid. They can handle the stranger better now, they go to school, they social with the people in their cycle.

However, new fear factors added in, they might afraid of the answering questions in the classes, rumors spread by the classmate in order to insult them, the girl/boy who they like figure out he/she has crush on her/him.

Aha.. this reminds me, the first day I enrolled to pre-school, I had acted "I am sick".. in order to escape my mum from digged me out from the bed to send me to pre-school. I am lack of courage, my eyes starts to turn red when i saw my parent leave the pre-school compound. Time goes on and now when I recall back, pre-school is my funland and carefree huh? Note: I do feel so because I am not longer afraid to face stranger now, talking to the new people I have met in my life no longer listed as fear unless the people are having certain level of harm to me.

The kids still do not fear towards war, natural disaster nor disease, most of the time they will turn to their parent and asked:' Papa, Mama what is going on?" *with innocent eyesight*

The Adults:
When a person become an adult, the responsibility he/she needs to take up is increasing. I am no longer afraid of talking to newly meet person. I am more daring towards horror and darkness (yea.. somehow I still afraid of darkness k, some phobia just do not leave by age growth).

However, we started to afraid of death, afraid to lose(perhaps we are too old to lose), afraid of danger etc. Singaporean called it kiasee and kiasu. One thing definitely correct about adult is the more they owned, the more they are afraid to lose. Well, we are no longer young to start from zero once again. The shield that used to protect us is gone, we need to learn how to protect ourselves.

And today I discovered myself afraid of my boss too, he just in the next table, and I wish that he did not see me!!! Although I am on study leave, I have a feeling like skipping work and get caught!!! Arghhh!!!!!

P/S: do you know what is the different between coward and scaredy cat? Google it! =)

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

No comments: