Welcome to my Blog! I am searching for the piece of puzzle which completes me and I do believe that everyone should be able to get theirs
RSS

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Music artists over decades

It's a lazy Saturday, finally my friend has woke up from her sweet dreamland and I got my Le Pliage from her. She bought it from Selfridges & Co. which in my memories  it is just a "selling very expensive women accessories" shop. After long time of never meet up, we have our super long chit chatting session and I figure out "OVERTIME" is now available in my neighbourhood! The drinking kakis definitely dancing with joy now...hmmph.. they can just reach overtime by 10mins walk. I was dreaming next time, we will be having chatime or snowflakes over here. *pray hard* =P Anyway, I am just obsessed of this two because they never have branch in One Utama shopping mall.

I am suppose to study my business law as I will be having my CPA exam within a month, somehow, I am not in the mood of reading. Hence, I check through the inbternet regarding the signature singers from 1940s-2010s. I dislike books but I like interesting knowledge....Books always make me dozed off....

1940s:

My all time favourite singer in 1940s would be Frank Sinatra, he was one of the best selling male singer in 1940s. There was a scenario called "Sinatramania", where his fans almost caused riot as the result of not allowed to enter the hall to watch his performance.


One of his song, my all time favourite will be Fly me to the moon-although it is recorded in 1960s.

1950s-An era which domained by rock n roll:

1950s saw the growth in popularity of the electric guitar, and the development of a specifically rock and roll style of playing through. This is when the pioneer of Rock and Roll-Chuck Berry rocks!

No idea who is Chuck Berry?? Listen to this, I believe everyone had heard it before!!!



"Unforgettable.. that's what you are.. unforgettable.. through near or far..." by Nat King Cole, not a handsome and good looking guy but he has attractive sexy voice, the voice which calm you down whenever you listen to his songs.


Ooh..before I miss out, the macho sideburn-Elvis Presley started his music career in 1950s too...

1960s-The expansion of Rock Music:

Continue from last decades, Rock and Roll continue to rule the industry. This is the era for the formation of groups who combined rock and roll, doo wop, skiffle and soul - Beat Group. The most well known beat group during this era would be The Beatles, aha.. now I know why they called Beatles..

Members of The Beatles started from top left clockwise :John Lennon, Paul McCartney
George Harrison, Ringo Starr
1970s: The era I personally dislikes - Disco, Heavy Metal, Punk Rock, Hard Rock

Not going to write much about this decade, the Bee Gees is one of the top seller in 1970s,


1980s: Arise of the Pop Music 

The 1980s are commonly connected with the use of synthesizers, and it was the introduction of sampling and hip hop/rap.

In this decade, there is a fame which known by everyone, even kids nowadays know him - the moon walker, Micheal Jackson.His Thriller album (1982) ranked as the all time best selling album and even my house have one! My dad bought it not me! Statistically, he keep a record of 110million was sold for his album which makes him an indisputably biggest star of the 1980s.

The Hit songs of Micheal Jackson included "Bille Jean", "Heal the World", "Black or White", "We are the World".. Most people would definitely know how to sing these songs, well, not the whole song but definitely the chorus.

Sometimes, I think he does not need to go for skin bleaching; he is really good. His fame has been recognized by the World Guinness Records as the Most Successful Concert Series and Biggest Selling Album for Thriller.

Moon walk + Bille Jean

Others well known singers in 1980s are Madonna, Whitney Houston, Bon Jovi etc.

1990s: It's all about Comtemporary rock and emerging of pop 

Not to discuss much about this decade, we have Mariah Carey, Spice Girls, Westlife, Robbie William, Jennifer Lopez etc.

It is the period for hotties. =) Well in the late of 1990s we have Britney Spears who screwed herself in the mid of 2000s, anyhow, she was hot isn't it??

2000s & 2010s: 

Think she rules the world now...

Someday in the future, my grandchild will be asking me.."Ah ma, which singer was the talk of the town during your university?"

I would say: " the lady up there!"

Okayss... their oldies, somehow have to be different with mine...

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

No comments: