Welcome to my Blog! I am searching for the piece of puzzle which completes me and I do believe that everyone should be able to get theirs
RSS

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Crêpe

There is a Japanese crêperie located in Pavilion 5th floor called Shimino which highly recommended by my friend before this and finally I have a chance to let the pancake from Harajuku concept dance on my tastebuds.

The crêperie in Pavilion

As a dessert, Harajuku Japanese crêpe basically contains of whipped cream, ice-cream, raisins, cornflakes, fruits (canned or fresh) surrounded by a thin layer of pancake, ie. crêpe.


The Harajuku crêpe looks like an ice-cream isn't it?
I give it 5 out of 10, I do not really like the taste of it. I was thinking just a cone of ice-cream could be nicer than it. Perhaps it is just me who do not know how to appreciate the combo of the tastes of all the ingredients which I think it caused all the ingredients lost their own specialities.

I love simple dessert, what I mean simple here is not about the making process but it does not combine a lots of ingredients which screwed the taste. For instance, when I have green tea Puffs, what I wish to taste is just green tea and the taste of the puff. I am not looking for cornflakes in the puff right??!!

It is just me who do not really like the taste, it doesn taste horrible, it is sweet, should be a good choice for sweet tooth.....

Mille crêpe 

Talking about crêpe, it reminds me of Mille crêpe.. I love this because it has very unique texture!! Now I missed Nadeje Patisserie. Anyone take away a slice for me please?? :-9


p/s: Crêpe is sort of thin pancake which originated from a region in northwest of France. Crêpe actually made me think of roti tissue too... :P

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

No comments: